Este blog pretende ser un cuaderno de notas que incluya recortes de prensa, reseñas, artículos de opinión,.. que nos inviten al debate y a cuantos comentarios y/o reflexiones nos sugiera el presente, el pasado o el futuro.
Isaac Newton decía "What we know is a drop of water, what we don´t know is an ocean".
jueves, 10 de marzo de 2016
Bringing together physical and mental health. A new frontier for integrated care . The King´s fund
Chris Naylor, Preety Das, Shilpa Ros, Matthew Honeyman, James Thompson, Helen Gilburt
A new frontier for integrated care.
Mechanisms through which physical and mental health interact
eg, poverty, social isolation, discrimination, abuse, neglect, trauma, drug dependencies
• Mental health impact of living with a chronic condition
• Psychiatric side efects of medication, eg, steroids
• Direct efects of hormonal imbalances on mental health
• Increased risk of dementia among people with diabetes/cardiovascular disease
• Physical health side efects of psychotropic medication,eg, raised risk of obesity
• Direct efects of chronic stress on the cardiovascular, nervous and immune systems
• Direct efects of eating disorders or self-harm, eg, electrolyte imbalances
• Higher rates of unhealthy behaviours, eg, smoking or excessive alcohol use
• Reduced ability or motivation to manage physical health conditions
• Less efective help-seeking
• Barriers to accessing physical health care,eg, as a consequence of stigma or 'diagnostic overshadowing'